I’ve started the diorama some time ago, but I’m finally happy enough with it to show it on the internet. From the start I was thinking for a diorama of a deserty place, and I’m happy with the result I have. It may have been just a bit smaller that that, but even like that is pretty nice (in my opinion).
This is just a rough texturing of it. I’ll need to import it in to UDK soon because the final render must be done there and I know that Maya and UDK show different results (for UDK I need stronger normals i.e.)
After that was finished I had the time to start baking (I left it for last because I was pretty sure it would take ages). I used Maya, could have used xNormal, but somehow I prefer Maya. Most of the times it gives me much better results and the only downside of it is that it takes much longer time to bake.
Some minor mistakes, obviously since I have overlapping UVs, but this is all really easily fixed in Photoshop (as with the normals)